Friday, October 06, 2006

Random First Post

I decided to start a blog for a few reasons. First one, I need a place to vent when stuff pisses me off. Secondly, I need to get my creative juices flowing again. I am a filmmaker who right now is making his way by doing industrial videos, commercials, training videos, and various other videos that creatively are not very exciting. I need to flex my creative muscles because like any other muscle if they are not given a good work out they begin to weaken.

Ok, so as for the things that piss me off, I will try to keep it to my political ramblings that affect more people than just myself, because really how many people really care what I had for lunch or what TV show I watched last night? My guess is that more people care about what is going on in this country than any of my personal crap. I am not saying that my opinion is any more important than any one else's, like I said before I just needed a place to vent.

Now I know that right now it is not politically correct to speak out about the government (this is becoming less of an issue right now, thankfully, since the approval ratings for most of those in the government is way down right now), but I felt I had to do it even if nobody reads or agrees with it. This country is the greatest country on earth and it is time it started acting like it.

When I sat down to write this I struggled to figure out what the first thing I should write about would be. I thought about writing about my thoughts on the war, or maybe my thoughts on how the rest of the world views the United States right now. I thought about writing about how the country could be one of the greatest sources of good in the world but how our leadership repeatedly lead us in the other direction. I almost wrote on the state of education in this country.

I guess I will write about this whole Mark Foley deal. What an ugly situation all around, but that seems to be what is dominating the news right now so.... I doubt I will be able to bring anything new to the table but here goes. It's not cool to take advantage of someone who works for you. It's not cool to cover something up for political gain. It's not cool to try and make this a gay issue. It is not cool to try and blame this on someone else. Let's tackle this issues one by one.

1.It's not cool to take advantage of someone who works for you. Now I know people are going to say “that's exactly what Clinton did.” Not really, but it is a more valid argument than most of the other arguments out there. Clinton was with a consenting adult. The important differences here are the CONSENTING and the ADULT parts. Both parties knew what they were doing and were both willing participants when Monica and Bill were goin' at it. Not so with the Foley case. One of the pages said they were freaked out (or something to that matter, I am to lazy to go and look up the exact words) about the emails. Secondly both were adults in the case of Monica and Billy boy.

2.It's not cool to cover something up for political gain. There were people that knew this was going on and that the pages didn't like it, yet the only thing that was done, is that he was told to stop. Now I realize that this was not the first thing covered up for political gain, in fact I can think of a lot of things just in the last 5 or so years. I know that it will happen again, but come on, can these guys just cut back at least?

3.It's not cool to try and make this a gay issue. Those silly right-wingers are trying to make is sound like the Democrats are gay bashing. I don't even know what to say here, but thanks spin doctors.

4.It's not cool to try and blame this on some one else. The guy screwed up live with it. The people who knew about it and did nothing screwed up deal with it. Trying to say that the democrats somehow masterminded this thing is wrong and giving the Democrats a whole lot of credit. I also think it's pretty funny that Bill O'Reilly said that Foley was a Democrat in a lower third on his show. It case you haven't seen the screen cap you can check it out here.

That's all I have to say about that subject. I really don't want to revisit the issue even though I am sure that this will most likely dominate the air waves until Nov 2. If this turns out that it was more than emails and IMs then this is a very serious issue, but right now I just don't want to hear about it any more until they actually come up with some more facts. I only bring it up as an example of how in need of repair the system is.

So there we go, my first blog entry. I guess it went pretty well. I don't know how often I will update this or when I will or well really anything about what will happen to this blog past this posting, so umm yeah. Any way some time I will explain the name of the blog and I'll tell you a little more about the motivations behind it. Where my political beliefs fall and probably a few other things to put my random ramblings into context.

Until next time,
InterrupT

Oh, and by the way, I am a horrible speller and I try to get the grammar right but some times I don't always hit the mark. So when you see miss spellings and bad grammar I am sorry I try my best.

No comments: